Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beast of Scalby

5 posters

Go down

The Beast of Scalby Empty The Beast of Scalby

Post by NarrLiam Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:36 pm

::A filthy, very ugly, near leprous Cainite enters the court site. He waits patiently for enough disgust at his presence to silence all before beginning to speak.::

I am a representative of the Nosferatu of the Domain. You may refer to me as Blind-Eyes. It is a play on words, I assure you.

Let me tell you all, from the beginning, of monsters, men, and the Conac. A fleshy beast, created, night in and night out for weeks by the creature Dimitri. Seven hundred and fifty. Seven hundred and fifty was the number of men, women, dogs, wolves, rats, bears, and other fleshy creatures who numbered amongst those unlucky enough to give rise to this abomination. Knowing what had been created was no mere vohzd, Dimitri called it the Conac, or mansion, and used it as his staging ground for his vendetta against his enemy.
However fate is a curious thing, and it became evident that this monstrosity was not needed, and he had overestimated his enemy. Satisfied with his vengeance, and knowing others of the clan would come, he left it behind as a staging point for whatever else his cousins might attempt instead.
What his cousins attempted was to release this thing out into the world, to wreak havoc upon their enemies, unguided. When instructed to do…..something….by someone appearing to be Stephen the Greatish, it was roused from its lazy slumber and enraged. It headed north, where it crushed and destroyed all in its path, including at least one lodge for the good hunters of the Earl of York. There, it paused, oddly, and in the way of animals listening, cocked itself….for a head would be too easy of a description.
In the midst of whatever it heard, upon it came the were’s of the countryside. Up until now it was not understood that the wolves had much of a presence, and it might explain why so few were on the scene. They attacked it, head on, and were laid low for their arrogance. Their claws and their magics angered it, but at least one was trampled effortlessly by its massive claws, and another tossed into the woods as if it were a puppy, and not a nine foot tall rage of teeth and claws. Realizing their mistake, they melted back into the woods, and harrowed it from a distance.
A true pity then, that man was to meet this creature next, in this state. Baron Sigfried’s men did come upon it, as instructed to draw it out. Truly they were of stout heart, as only half of them fled at the sight of hundreds of wailing, gnashing, clawing creatures melted together into a beast they were never trained to face. Those that held their ground, lifted their bows, and let fly their steel tipped instruments of death. English longbows, renowned for their destructive power, proved less effective against this unnatural demon, as the arrows ricocheted off bone, or stuck in a hide to no effect.
However, their efforts met with success, for now the beast had a target. It did, as well as the thirty or more szlachta that it released from its bowels. Dimitri had prepared well. The smaller creatures joined their larger ward, and fell upon the men, who while valiant and strong, stood no chance against such a dreadful foe. They fell, but drew the beast somewhat from its location.
East then it went, again as if listening to some call, or inner voice, and frantically it began toppling trees and crushing underbrush, until finally it was free of the forest, and out into the open countryside, within sight of Scalby in the distance. Fed with renewed vigor and hunger, the beast charged towards the settlement, harried the entire time by lupine aggressors, doing their best to slow or confound it. Their efforts could not stop it though, and many of the outlying homes of the village were destroyed, many humans were slaughtered.
It was then that both Sigfried and Fedomer’s men caught up with the monster, and as before their discipline was shown, as only half of them fled from the horrors before them, and only half again that when they were confronted with the sight of garou in full battle fury. The howls and screams were tremendous, and shook the very earth, it is a wonder and a testament that any mere mortals stood at all.
They brought to bear what weapons they had, but alas mundane weapons seemed to have little effect, and the pitch brought by Fedomer’s men was harder to manage with fewer troops involved. It was then that the Tremere arrived, by the sky, by a horse that moved too fast, and seemingly out of the air itself. Cloaked men and women, went here and there, performing some sort of ritual on groups of weapons, especially arrows, making them suddenly able to wound the beast.
From the east came the sounds of a horn, and had one a moment to spare a glance, one would have seen a lone knight, blaring his entrance at the head of three or more very clean, fine featured warriors, whooping and yelling madly. They joined the fray, and while the knight seemed to boast more than he displayed skill, the fair folk with him laid about with abandon, slaughtering szlachta with much greater ease than any that waif-like had business doing.
Out of the chaos and the destruction stepped one figure, a woman, tall and regal, with not a jot of concern upon her face. Meerlinda, one of the Seven approached, and shouted in a voice impossible to not hear despite the din:
“Is this what they would bring against us here in Avalon? Is this the best the Fiends can do? Fie, and fall upon your folly.”
And with that she and all other Tremere there raised their hands, and blood did stream from the creature, and its minions. Distracted as their foe was, Fedomer and Sigfrieds men had their chance, and organized the siege weapons and pitch to act as a cohesive fighting unit. Assailed by fire, magic arrows, arrows lit with fire, a full pack of garou, what I can only assume were fae, and the magics of the mighty Tremere, the creature finally had no choice but to run.
As it went, most curiously a figure that looked strikingly similar to the Viscountess was ejected from its massive bulk, and in a panic ran off into the woods near where the Conac had first burst forth. With a whoop and a roar the armies charged after the Conac, which once again was smashing its way into the forest. Suddenly from nowhere, a huge shadow blotted out the few remaining stars in the quickly approaching dawn, and with a enormous ear-splitting bellow fell upon where it appeared the Conac was headed. Such a horrendous sound was never heard before and likely ever will since, freezing all in their tracks.
Then all was silent.
Slowly, and with great trepidation the armies moved forth, and found the beast finished off, ripped nearly in twain. Of what had done it there was no sign, save for two massive prints in the ground, as if made by a lizard of colossal proportions. I say unto you I know not what that thing was, but it is terrifying enough to know things such as the Conac exist….without contemplating what other, fiercer things might too plague our world….

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

The Beast of Scalby Empty Re: The Beast of Scalby

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Deus vel in caelo.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Viscountess Evelynn Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:51 pm

*The Viscountess listens to the tale with a look of displeasure, but shows a glimmer of wrath upon hearing of an individual bearing her likeness.*

Such an unnecessary abundance of death...

*She contemplates for a moment, then turns to the Baroness and other present members of the Court.*

It should be quite obvious that I have been present for far too long for me to have been inside the beast, and I can't help but notice that Elder Stephen has been missing since the Conac's departure... Not to mention, I doubt any of the lesser Tzimisce that may be flitting about would have any manner of control or attachment to the Conac.
Viscountess Evelynn
Viscountess Evelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 pm

::Giric will walk around behind the Vicountess and hand her a sealed letter::

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Viscountess Evelynn Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:46 pm

*The Viscountess opens the letter and scans the page briefly.*

It appears I am needed elsewhere. I will return momentarily.

*She gracefully exits the room*
Viscountess Evelynn
Viscountess Evelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 pm

::Giric will bow once to the court, and follow the Vicountess out::

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:48 am

*after a while Wolfgang will stand up *
A Grand Tale of working together *looks about the room* Blind eyes was it not? Well I Wolfgang von Wallenhourst of House Tremere was enraptured buy your story and if you are willing to Sir write said story down for my self I would be willing to offer you a minor boon if you are willing Sir?
For within this Story it Proves That my Clan Will come too aid when asked and that is the truth of this story!

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 am

::Blind-Eyes bobs his head and replies in a shrewd tone.::

"A minor per copy for certain, good sir. Our word is our currency, our shield, and our sword. We cannot part with it lightly, lowly as we are. Agreed?"

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 pm

::Kendra lets off a slow chuckle:: So when the hands of mortals find their way to this parchment, who do we blame for the breaking of the silence? The Nosferatu for selling it, or the Tremere for requesting it's creation?
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 pm

::The scabrous vampire splits his face in a rictus grin.::

"Surely the mortals have not rioted over Beowulf or the legend of Saint George? Our kind need not ever be featured, though countenances and words might be.

Unless of course mlady would prefer to buy the not-writing of the tale...."

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:36 am

Agreed Good Sir much agreed but if the Good lady wishes to pay ye more so that it is not written who am I to let slip a better deal for you good sir. nay not i.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:36 am

::Kendra merely shrugs her shoulders:: Perhaps I misspoke, I'm sure the Tremere are good at keeping their secrets. After all they have done wonders in the past about making sure their reputation is not tarnished with misdeeds and mistakes. ::Kendra will get up and walk towards the exit:: Enjoy your story gentlemen.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:21 am

::Blind-Eyes turns back to Wolfgang.::

And how many boons and copies shall be traded? I assure you, the work will keep the first of our Traditions.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Just one Copy is all, And please do add your Mark too it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down