At the Marketplace

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: At the Marketplace

Post by Valance on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:47 am

Valance sniffs the fruit as it passes, wrinkling his nose slightly.

"Those be no copstards, nor even pearmains. They're barely larger then crab apples. Did you pick them wild then take them to market to flog? I could do you the favor and take them off your hands for 6 pence if you threw in the basket. I suppose they could make a mash for cider but naught else."

Valance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:01 am

::The man is starting to bounce from foot to foot, as though his manners are starting to leave him.::

"Anna apples, all the way from Israel. The danger and the trip alone were hard enough. I'll say 8 pence and the basket but you'll get no better deal from me!

M'lady, what say you? Have you a better offer for poor old Norry? Ah, that's me, Norry."

NarrLiam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:03 am

::Vala glances at Valance as he steps out from the alley and watches the exchange::

I'll give you 7 and you can keep the basket, since I have an old bag on me for the apples.

If you want a chance to earn some more coin, old Norry, we can have a lil chat in private as I am new here and could use a little basic information about all the assorted local merchants, where to find things and so forth.
Vala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:02 pm

::The little hunched walnut of a man whisks to Vala's side, a happy smile plastered on top of his wrinkles.::

"Sold to the lovely lady! And thank you for allowing the keeping of my basket. You know where to get more! As for the lay of the market, I think this one might be better suited to that, a veritably colossus of trade be he."

::He points at Valance.::

"Enjoy, and a good eve to you both!"

::With that Norry hobbles back behind a curtain, and is gone, leaving the apples in Vala's bag.::

NarrLiam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valance on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 pm

"Enjoy your purchase, but I'd be careful how many you eat at a time. One bite was to many for eve, and the knowledge this fruit possess is not as ... understood as that of good and evil."

Valance continues lounging in the ally. He watches the path that Norry hobbled away on, a thoughtful look on his face.

Valance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm

::Vala slips him his money as he unloads the apples into her bag, nods at the old mans comments ::

::to Valance::
These apples are for some friends of mine. I am not all too hungry at this time.

:::Vala continues to finish checking out the market, watching carefully at vendors and cusotmers alike::
Vala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2