Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

+2
Brother Dominic
Simon Molendinarius
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

Post by Simon Molendinarius Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:54 am

Pausing for a moment...

No, not too bold, but perhaps something for a private setting. Tonight is not about me, but about the holidays. We can talk later in the evening if you still wish.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon - Page 2 Empty Re: Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:11 pm

"Mine own words come back to me."

He nods.

"You are right of course, and I look forward to the words your Keeper has for us this night."
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 am

Indeed. Since it seems that all who are to arrive have already made their way here, perhaps it is time to begin.

Father Marius, why don't you start the proceedings.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Marius nods and rises slowly to his feet. "As you will, Your Grace."

The Priest approaches the dais calmly, meeting gazes and offering smiles to the Cainites he passes. As he turns to face the assembly upon reaching the dais, his expression turns somber, serious. Marius clears his throat and begins his sermon.

"Gathered brethren, I pray the blessings of God be upon you, regardless of your faith, and I hope the more devout among us will forgive me for avoiding much discussion of God. It is wonderful that His Grace has seen fit to gather us for a celebration of the miracle of life and a reminder of joyous rebirth to come as another year ends, and it is important to note the purpose of such a gathering. Specifically, to note that we gather not in worship, but in celebration.

It has been a long, hard winter for all of us, and it is far from over. It is critical that we who are touched by the Curse of Caine pause each year to remind ourselves of the cyclical nature of all of God’s creations - to celebrate the Solstice and the changing of the season. We must remind ourselves that in this world, we are never now what we once were - even immortality does not change that fact. That which is dead will rise again.

Now, when the days are darkest and the very act of survival so much more difficult, we must remember that we will not always be as we are. Seasons change, time marches on. Even for us, frozen in time at the moment of death. Even for us, each new year brings new opportunity, substantial change.

Most faiths celebrate this changing of the year - this hope for renewal. Some at different times, some in wildly different ways, but that core concept is really very consistent. It matters not if you are Cainite or Kine, Pagan or Christian, Noddist or Scion, hope is hope. We all want to believe things will improve, regardless of how we define improvement. We all wish to celebrate the advancing of the seasons and the opportunities the new year brings. Hope matters to everyone.

Well… almost everyone. We in Yorkshire who have been set upon by that small minority with malignant intent know there are those who would destroy all that we see and let the darkness consume it all. There are those who would extinguish the light of hope.

We are surrounded by the evidence, seeing it infect everything around us. We must remind ourselves now of why these Demon-worshippers, the Ba’ali and their minions, so threaten our very existence. We must unite in the spirit of hope and faith. We must gather together and seek advantage in cooperation. Only together can we rid our lands of the growing taint, and save Avalon from the flames.

So, please brethren, celebrate! Come together tonight and speak of shared memories, mutual dreams and desires, alliance and friendship. For too long this Court has directed it's attention inwards, endangering the whole for the sake of the individual. I ask you all, here and now, to commit yourselves to the goal of cooperation until this Domain is once again stable.

Merry Christmas, and God Bless."

With that, Marius bows to the Prince and begins a slow walk back to his seat. Once again nodding politely to those he passes on the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:28 pm

[[Sigfried stands, and assuming he is given permission to speak from the prince, approaches the dias]]

Good evening, one and all. I hope you do not mind if I also do not speak of God.
[[he waits for the polite chuckles to die down at his obvious joke]]
As the Father has said, these are dark times. We have suffered much at the hands of our enemies, and there has been strife from within. But I believe that Winter is a time of slumber and hibernation. A time that will eventually blossom into a new spring; a new spring which will bring renewed vigor and life to the world.

Even now we recover from the blows, and even now we show that we are undaunted from attacks from all sides, within and without. Under the leadership of our Lord we are lead to a brighter future.

This coming January, we will be in the heart of winter. And in such darkness we will need a light. Let that light lit at the next court, in Harrogate. I will arrange for splendid delicacies of all varieties, and we shall walk among with our heads held high, knowing that the dark will not bend us at the knee.

Enjoy now this celebration, and revel knowing that we are strong.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Simon waits a moment to see if Countessa Montalvo is present of has any words. He likewise gives a moment for anyone else of notable standing who is present.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:51 am

((Sorry everyone, been in a not so motivated mood lately. I will push a myself a bit more to pay better attention. Lets just assume I have been here if everyone is okay with that.))

*Countessa Montalvo stands. She is wearing a very beautiful and festive gown of reds and greens in celebration of the season. She looks around and gives a bright smile to all Cainites.*

Thank you Father, Baron for those encouraging words. I hope that all are aware of issues facing the Domain and would hope that all Cainites are working together to make the Domain stronger. In these times, it is important that we unite to help those in need. We need the mortals to tend to our Domain and make them prosperous. I will implore you all to provide any assistance you can to help feed and keep them warm so that they can better serve our purposes. Likewise if they are unhappy, that could mean more difficult and issues within the Domain. Many thanks to those who have provided anything needed, anything is helpful and appreciated. So, let us celebrate this joyous season and thank our lord for all he has given us.
*Countessa offers another warm smile to all Cainites and nods to Simon before taking her seat.*

CountessaValenciaMontalvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2