Hull and the Problems Therein

Go down

Hull and the Problems Therein

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 pm

During the events of last court we ran out of time to address the issue of Hull. I would like to take a moment not to allow the Baronetess to discuss the concerns of this location and her suggestions for how to make this important location an active an prosperous region once more.

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hull and the Problems Therein

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo on Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Your Grace, the problem in Hull is currently at a stand still. The source was supernatural, coming from a ship owned by the late Steven the Greatish and maned by the traitor, Fedomer's men. The mortal king's men will be there in a months time to asses the damage. I also found out that pirates have raided the area. Unless your grace wants something done, I was going to support the mortal king's men when they arrived to help clear the area and hopefully regain more control.

CountessaValenciaMontalvo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Additionally, on the Baronetess' behalf I have begun moving naval forces to the mouth of the channel to intercept these Pirates if they have not yet left for their home north of Durham. The Defenders of the Faith stand ready to ensure they cannot raid our coast any further, nor spread the plague to other parts of Yorkshire.

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Actually, my dear Father, Lady Isabella will be taking on the task of ensuring a naval blockade. It also needs to be said, your grace, that the nosferatu have been hrlpful in this matter as well. They were able to command the rats in the area to stay in Hull so the disease has no chance to spread.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:21 am

What is happening to the trade normally moving through Hull? Are there any Hull refugees that were out of their homes when the plague struck? What kind of population exist belonging to Hull but living outside the city in farms?

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:27 pm

The quarantine has set up a 2 mile radius surrounding Hull. At the moment, it is assumed that everything one within that radius is dead and lands unmaintained. Anything outside of the radius is likely unharmed or the mortal king would have widened his grasp.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:40 pm

I would like plans in place to begin repopulating this area. Three months is a long time. Trade routes will change and be irretrievably lost in that time. Perhaps you can encourage people to work on the land in and around this area, and create a short term trading post to replace Hull. With some proper tax motivations this area can sustain a three month shortfall and resume its proper role in the summer.
Another option is a building process. The Church could approve a sizable structure and the required labor force would not be small. We could create a short term community built around such an endeavor, and then allow those people to claim comes in Hull, with favorable deals for both the local nobles and the commoners.

Speaking of the nobles, did we loose the aristocracy in this area? Are there large tracts of land that need to be given out to new nobles? Such a situation could allow great opportunity for us.

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum