Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use X to find vampires

5 posters

Go down

Can I use X to find vampires Empty Can I use X to find vampires

Post by Kendra of the Wood Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Was recently asked if it's possible to use Allies, Retainers, Contacts or any other background to find a haven or domain of another vampire.

With the exception of retainers most backgrounds are human only, those that are not state specifically that they are supernatural in nature.

By and large humans may be aware that the things that go bump in the night are more than just the house settling, (even though most of the time it is, because honestly who eats peasants anymore) and so finding a personal residence of a vampire is all but impossible.

HOWEVER! If that vampire has a mortal persona ie. Nobility, church rank, fame or some other way of passing off as human, and are publicly out, and you are aware of who their mortal persona is, you may be able to get information about their mortal life. We're not going to give you the address to their haven, but you can possibly get information about them this way.

Also I want to ensure everyone is 100% aware. Haven kills are a thing, if you let someone know where your haven is, if someone stumbles on it, if they are able to follow you home, or they have the investigative points built up, they can totally murder you in your sleep. There will be chops of course, guards, wards, traps and waking up all affect things kinds of things.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Can I use X to find vampires Empty Re: Can I use X to find vampires

Post by Count Morcant Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:05 am

That statement does not fill me with joy, for various reasons. Though I suppose that doesn't matter.
Count Morcant
Count Morcant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:13 am

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, or even probable, I'm just saying it's possible.

Which is why things like Domain is important, spy network, and those very same things people use to find you can also be used to make sure you're not found, or if someone is looking for you, they find themselves dead in their sleep.

A series of dead spies is an excellent Christmas present for the would be assassin.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:15 am

Best Christmas letter ever, Tito to Stalin

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Morcant Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:51 am

I suppose my problem is, there's no such thing as perfect security. And I've seen too many STs expect you to have it, and give you the shank if you don't.
Count Morcant
Count Morcant

Back to top Go down

Post by Player One Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 am

Well, the effects as listed are far, far, faaaaaaar from even presuming perfect security. At best, they're a means to delay whatever big bad wolf happens to be blowing down your house this month.

Player One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:53 am

Count Morcant wrote:I suppose my problem is, there's no such thing as perfect security.  And I've seen too many STs expect you to have it, and give you the shank if you don't.

We're not expecting perfect security, and if a PC wants to haven kill another PC they better have a lot of good intel, they better know where you're haven is, they better have enough of the right people to kill your guards/ghouls and get passed your security/traps, and they better pray they don't wake you up, because if you're haven is done right, then you'll have things in place to slow them up enough so that when they do finally make it to you, they are low on blood, traits and will and then they become a nice little delivery service.

Also don't invite people into your only Haven, several PC's and NPC's have multiple havens. Vampires are apex predators, and should act accordingly.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 am

I the world of darkness, as in real life, if someone wants to kill you bad enough you are going to die. It is wise to protect yourself in more than one way, not just with physical security, but with politics and the mutually assured destruction you can bring if you are attacked. The simple matter is that once you are targeted its probably only a matter of time. A lot of players don't seem to get this, and notably they often die.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Player One Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:05 am

^^^
Not dying is really just a head game. There are players who are very good at pulling this off, who seem to keep their PCs for as long as they wish.

Player One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down