Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reynard's Inaugural Salon

+2
NarrLiam
Reynard Tisserand
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reynard's Inaugural Salon Empty Reynard's Inaugural Salon

Post by Reynard Tisserand Tue May 31, 2016 12:27 pm

The salon is decorated in muted reds and golds. The furniture is French in style, and the walls are decorated with tapestries and hangings.

The room is filled with music, though no musicians can be seen. It would seem that they are stationed in a different room, closed off from the salon itself, for the privacy of the attendees. The music is also distinctively French, and any with a trained ear can tell that it is both a contemporary offering, and southern French, rather than Parisian in origin.

Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Reynard's Inaugural Salon Empty Re: Reynard's Inaugural Salon

Post by NarrLiam Tue May 31, 2016 1:17 pm

::It should be noted several Toreador are present. It is likely they are from The Manor. For the most part they simply listen, occasionally harmonizing aloud despite themselves.::

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Valance Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 pm

Valance is in attendance. He can be seen chatting up several of the Toreador. Eavesdroppers can hear that he is looking for skilled wool workers.

Valance

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Tue May 31, 2016 9:04 pm

Domnal arrives, seeming in much better condition than in previous nights. He appears in fine clothes, his hair pulled back. He speaks politely to several of the Toreador present, and he can be seen tapping foot occasionally in time with the beat

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Tue May 31, 2016 10:50 pm

Reynard approaches Domnal and Valance.

"Welcome Baronet and honored Knight. You do me much honor with your presence. I hope the modest entertainments I am able to provide make your trips worth the while. I myself am always glad to get a break from worrying about politics and governance. How were your journeys?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Tue May 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Quiet, mercifully.

He gestures towards the decor,

"You keep an excellent hall"

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:22 am

"Why, thank you. You are too kind."

"At present, it is nothing compared to the splendor of Paris, or the more modest elegance even of Tours, but I do aspire to one day keep a hall that could bear some favorable comparison to the marvelous offerings of the continent."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:45 am

"Personally, I found the quiet dignity of Tours to be vastly superior to the exuberance of the Court of Paris."

Aubrey De Vere's voice enters the conversation before he does himself, as he enters the Salon and catches the last few sentences.

"While Scarborough still has far to go if it would someday rival Tours, I have no doubt that one with your experience and breeding can return it to glory, Lord Reynard. You have clearly made great strides in a very short period of time."

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:09 am

"Earl De Vere, I am so delighted to see you here! And you, as well, are too kind. I have done nothing yet for which I would claim any credit."

Reynard looks forlorn.

"As I am sure many of you saw on your journey here, the land outside the city is in quite a sorry state. The countryside seems to have been quite brutalized by this harsh winter, and it is only because of the port and trade opportunities that the fortunes of the city have been superior to that of the countryside surrounding it."

"I am a passable governor of lands, to be sure, but I could hardly celebrate my own quite modest virtues when standing next to Baronet Domnal, who governs a huge swath of land so ably while also serving as Seneschal, or Sir Valance, who maintains his territory while masterfully managing his affairs in trade at the same time."

"That is not to say I would shirk my responsibilities here; simply that I do not mean to represent myself as an apt candidate for the task of restoring greater Scarborough when surrounded by such illustrious talents."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:19 am

"You are too modest, my friend. Your skill in the restoration of lands is clearly recognizable even here. So few secure Salons exist in Yorkshire. Merely creating such a site as the beautiful salon in which we stand shows you are capable of overseeing the restoration of these lands."

Aubrey shrugs.

"I would see you rule Scarborough, perhaps taking direction from Valence here should he decide to fill the vacant role of Baronet of East Yorkshire, something which has been discussed."

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:32 am

"It is apparent now why they call you a great visionary. We mingle in this modest hall, and before your eyes are visions of Reynard as Governor of the whole district of Scarborough, and Sir Valance as Baronet of the whole of East Yorkshire."

"Where do you see yourself in this grand vision of the future of York?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

"Frankly? I don't. I am here merely to facilitate the restoration of this Domain. There has been too much death and corruption here. Too many enemies, too few victories. I am here merely to see to it that Lord Mithras' lands are governed. I see before me a Domain where the vast majority of it's lands are ungoverned. This must be remedied first, so that reports will be made from each baronetcy which will allow us to combat the threats here."

Aubrey shrugs.

"It may seem as though I am putting the cart before the horse, but as I am certain the good Seneschal here can attest, one of our biggest hurdles in dealing with the House Herrick is that their stronghold is located in an area which is ungoverned by Cainites. Were we to have consistent rulership of all of Mithras' lands, we would have more up to date information on their movements and a hold closer to theirs at which to marshal our forces."

"With all due respect, my friend, my so-called grand vision is less about individuals ruling certain areas than it is about seeing all of Yorkshire governed."

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 pm

"Zut Alors! I am mortified that my attempt to flatter you has resulted in offense. I assure you I meant none!"

"This is why I do my best to steer clear of matters political. Clearly I have not the head for it, if my clumsy attempt to compliment your sense of vision provoked such displeasure."

"But of course it would be rude of me not to recognize the debt owed to those who govern by those of us who prefer less complex diversions. For the freedom to converse or host salons such as this derives from the security offered by good governance."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:48 pm

"No offense was taken. The compliment was understood, and though my response might have seemed defensive, it was not so. I merely state plainly my desires for this Domain."

"It is true that those who are not burdened with the responsibilities of rulership owe much to those who are. Not the least of which are their safety and security. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation on the ground in Yorkshire is such that I fear few, if any, Cainites can afford to claim no lands. There are few enough of us here that we must all do our part to ensure that no corner of Mithras' lands is left ungoverned."

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:04 pm

"Surely you agree though, that it would be hard to get a shrewd Cainite to take on the governance of the more challenging areas of the domain without some enticement to accompany the burdens that they would thereby be saddled with?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:24 pm

"What enticement could be offered that would be superior to the power and station inherent in the rulership of the King's lands?"

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 pm

"I agree that ruling the lands is, in general, sufficient enticement. However, we do find ourselves in a circumstance with an apparent surplus of lands, and an apparent deficit of Cainites desirous to rule them. That is a curious scenario, to say the least, among our kind."

"But the mystery is lessened when one examines the lands that remain untended. Were one to offer a Cainite the opportunity to take over governance of Richmondshire, Selby, or Leeds, for instance, I imagine it would be easier to find a taker than if you wanted someone to volunteer for the task of fixing the troubles that plague Scarborough, East Riding, and Hull."

"As for what enticement could be offered? That will vary from Cainite to Cainite. No doubt that which motivates the impressive Petrus in his glorious deeds of heroism differs greatly from that which motivates Morcant's alchemical investigations."

"My remark was but speculative, of course. It presumes that our Baron wishes to correct the mismatch of willing governors and ungoverned lands with the carrot rather than the stick."

"We do, of course, reside here safely through his grace and mercy and with his permission. Were he to ask any of us to serve in some particular capacity, I have no doubt but that any reputable Cainite in this domain would comply with our Baron's instructions. I do not yet know him well, but he seems to prefer allowing the denizens of his domain a certain degree of liberty in pursuing their own aims, which is both admirable and laudable, but which suggests he would favor the former course of action, rather than the latter."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:24 pm

"It is this preference on his part which moves me to make such direct statements on the subject of the governance of these lands. I, and many I represent, wish to see an end brought to the threat posed by the Herrick family. This requires that these lands be populated, modestly, by Cainites and their vassals to combat that threat. Do not misunderstand me, I can populate them thusly and perform that task, but I believe this Domain best served if some other Cainite were to do so. Not the least because, believe it or not, I am here to retire, at least for a time."

Aubrey begins pacing the room slowly, apparently looking for something as he speaks.

"I remark upon my view of who is most capable of performing the duty this Domain requires. To rule on whom might be gifted the honor of this sacred duty to Our Lord Mithras, the honor of scouring this black mark upon a once Noble house from existence, is not my place."

Apparently satisfied what he is looking for isn't present, Aubrey shrugs and turns back to Reynard.

"My Lord, might I impose upon you for refreshment? My ride was long. My tastes are rather particular, perhaps there is a retainer I might speak to?"

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Through the conversation, Domnal has stayed silent, the polite expression on his face betraying no particular reaction to the various points of view. He waits patiently for the others to finish, when he speaks, he has a certain lassitude of phrase.

"It's clear to me that it's correct you are, Master Tesserand. You speak a sure truth- there is a deep need to entice those of this domain to undertake the stewardship of the land. Not all of our kind are as committed as you, my lord Earl, and remuneration may succeed where entreaties to title failed.

"

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 am

At Aubrey's request Reynard snaps his fingers and a Salon attendant approaches. He signals for the attendant to see to the Earl's needs.
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 am

With a deferential nod first to Domnal and then to Reynard, Aubrey walks off to discuss sustenance with Reynard's Ghoul.

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:57 pm

"To change the topic away from governance for a moment, I do wonder if anyone here knows what fate befell the, dare I say, dreadfully ungrateful Nosferatu that Scourge Petrus saved and Count Morcant re-awakened? I had to depart while Prince Mithras was still addressing his galling refusal to acknowledge the life boon owed to our fine Scourge, and it was not clear to me that he would survive the evening's encounter."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Alas, I have not received any reports. My duties took me away, and it was not my place to interfere

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Valance Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:28 am

Valance finishes his discussion with a Toreador and joins the conversation. "The last I saw of him he had been returned to torpor by Mithras, although his ultimate fate is unknown to me."

Valance

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:24 am

Late into the evening, after many of the cainites have had time to socialize, Simon will slip quietly into the room.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next