Reynard's Inaugural Salon

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Reynard's Inaugural Salon

Post by Reynard Tisserand on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 am

Reynard immediately attends to the Baron. 

"Your Grace. I am overwhelmed with honor that you would attend my humble gathering. I hope your journey here was without incident."

"I must confess to being somewhat jealous of your recent travels. I am sure you were mostly busy with the business of diplomacy, but hopefully you also had the chance to take in some cultural amusements as well."
Reynard Tisserand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:48 am

Some yes, though I was pressed to visit as many locations as possible, so my time was short in any particular Salon.

How has it been in my absence? I trust everything is going smoothly for you?

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 pm

"For me? But of course. I seldom have cause to complain.  The city of Scarborough suits me quite well, and I am relishing the differences in manner and culture from those on the continent."

"I moved here from Tours because I had begun to find life there a bit dull, and your domain does not disappoint in the slightest!"

"To move to a domain and encounter armies of Church hunters (not in person, thank heavens), rumors of concentrated Baali activity, the christening of an Elysium by Prince Mithras himself!  Truly, I could not have chosen a more auspicious time to arrive here."

"Your Scourge Petrus acquitted himself as a true hero, rescuing the saintly Sister Mary and an ungrateful Nosferatu from the hunters.  The unnerving, yet dutiful, Count Morcant performed vital, equally unnerving, rituals for restoring them to wakefulness."

"The evening of court even included some entertainment, though I cannot say whether it was comedy or tragedy, as I was required to depart before it was resolved.  The wretched leper stridently refused to recognize a life boon owed to Petrus, and was facing the stern justice of our Prince when I had to away.  It pains me to remain ignorant of the denouement of the morality play that was unfolding: an ungrateful rat showing indignation to his betters.  Did they show mercy? Did they exact justice?"

Last edited by Reynard Tisserand on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Reynard Tisserand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:07 pm

I have heard some of Mithras' visit. It seems there was some interesting activities in my absence.
I hope someone has kept informed on the state of the young Nosferatu.

These are dark days. It will be most useful to have someone of your breeding here to uplift those who need it. I will be looking to your activities for such qualities.

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:28 pm

"My services, whatever they are worth for the improvement or maintenance of this domain, are at your Grace's disposal."

"If I may inquire, do you know where court is to be held this coming month? After the, shall we say, excitement many encountered en route last month, I wish to take additional precautions in planning my travels, and depending on the locale, I may also wish to try to arrange some entertainment for the other Cainites as a diversion during the evening."
Reynard Tisserand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:22 pm

I have only recently returned. I am not sure where exactly I am likely to hold Court. Perhaps York, but there are areas that have not been dealt with fully in some time. Perhaps I will hold it locally, or in the Richmond area..

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:55 am

"Those both sound like delightful venues for court. Richmond, I have heard to be quite beautiful and thriving, a credit to your Warmaster, Baronet Sigfried. And of course, any credit due to your vassal is reflected back on Your Grace as well, owing to your wisdom and prudence in aligning a vassal with a role so well suited to them."
Reynard Tisserand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Simon politely waits until it seems to topic is played out...

I was curious about another thing. A small matter. I am looking for someone with connections among the local nobles. I thought I was ask around your salon a bit.

Simon Molendinarius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:59 pm

"But of course.  I have not yet met many of the local nobles, but if I am able to assist, I would be happy to do so, though I would imagine most of my guests are far more likely to have adequate connections among the nobles than I do, at least, at this time."

Last edited by Reynard Tisserand on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo "any" --> "many")
Reynard Tisserand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:12 pm

At around this point, Aubrey De Vere re-enters the room. He looks flushed, fresh from his repast. He merely takes a seat somewhere, content to listen for now.

The Listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2