Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortis - Rigor Mortis

3 posters

Go down

Mortis - Rigor Mortis Empty Mortis - Rigor Mortis

Post by Simon Molendinarius Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Mortis - Rigor Mortis

So I was just reading over this power after hearing about it last session. The rules read that if you are successfully placed under this power you are paralyzed as if staked for 3 rounds.

I thought this was a strange choice of words for several reason. First, anything other than a vampire would not be paralyzed by a stake through the heart, they would die. So it is confusing. Add to that the fact that you can still attempt to expend WP to try and move despite the effects of the power, and it becomes clear that mental exertion is still possible while under the effects of this power. You muscles are unable to work, but your brain should still be able to work, activating presence, or auspex, or even attempting to vanish from minds eye. You would be unable to use dominate or thaumaturgy (which requires speaking), but you could attempt to use any power that does not require a physical component.

If you look at the power this way it seems a lot more reasonable. Still an incredibly strong combat power, but instead of being a one test KO on anyone, it has limited scope, making it more acceptable for a basic power.

I just wanted to offer this interpretation for discussion. I don't have any skin in that game, so this is mostly just academic for me.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Mortis - Rigor Mortis Empty Re: Mortis - Rigor Mortis

Post by Giric Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:45 pm

I am curious what it does to non kindred.

The rest of it seems to make normal sense, no movement, other things okay. As Aidan said.

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:39 pm

I assume it paralyzes non vampires just the same. Saying as if staked is just a reference point.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum