Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival

+3
Etheldred
Ichorst the Emissary
NarrLiam
7 posters

Go down

The Arrival Empty The Arrival

Post by NarrLiam Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:01 pm

::In a bluster of wind and twisting temperatures, a familiar servant arrives, bearing another scroll. He appears to be somewhat confused, but carries himself well, a true professional.::

“Ladies and gentlemen of the Court, announcing the Esteemed and Influential emissary from Cologne, Ichorst of clan Ki…Kias….”

::The confusion seems to build a moment and then pass.::

“Of clan Kiasyd.”

::The servant then moves to the side, bowing and gesturing to the door.::

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

The Arrival Empty Re: The Arrival

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:05 pm

The wind blows once more, and the man himself enters the room.  He is tall, nearly seven feet, with pale skin and pale hair, and his eyes are elongated and almond shaped.  He moves with a grace that in any other setting would be unnatural, but what is one more preternatural movers among the Damned?  
    A few other servants enter, all tall and fair of hair, skin, and eyes.  They bear chests which they place at the feet of Ichorst, before joining the previous servant to the side.  

“My esteemed Northern colleagues.”  He begins, with a rich melodious voice, like chocolate melting over a funeral pyre.  “I, as you all are aware, am Ichorst.  I come bearing gifts, not the least of which is the good will of my Prince, Heinrich Von Gottschalk of Cologne.  I apologize for the redundancy, but he and I do love to hear the sound of our homeland spoken aloud.  I thank Her Grace for her Hospitality.” He bows at the waist to the Prince.  “And look forward to our Domains growing in strength and prosperity together.
   I have brought here, gifts for the Court and any Cainite deemed worthy of her Grace to receive them.  They are offered freely, and unburdened by debt.  Before I open them, however, I must ask.  Is this site Elysium, Your Grace?  There has been some confusion amongst my servants, dull as they are, and I would never dream of impinging upon ancient tradition.  I assure you nothing inside these vessels is magical in nature, but weapons are included, and I would not be so gauche.”
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 pm

The hooded figure of Father Marius sits nearby, meditating as usual. When the visitor speaks, he opens one glowing eye and nods a greeting. He clears his throat and speaks in reply to the newcomer's question.

"While I am not the Prince, I can answer that question for you, esteemed Emissary. I am Marius, Keeper of Avalon. This site is not officially Elysium as declared by our Lord Mithras, however efforts to make it thus are underway and her grace has decreed that all Cainites will show it the respect due an Elysium until the date, the very near date, where it is so formally declared."

Back to top Go down

Post by Etheldred Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Amaesia stands to greet the Emissary. "Indeed, it is a Father Marius has stated. Be welcome. I too look forward to our domains growing in prosperity and strength, and, provided it is acceptable to you, will provide accommodations for you with in my personal domain.

In regards to the weapons, as this is not yet Elysium, I have no objection to their presence, so long as they are not used for their intended purpose."
Etheldred
Etheldred

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Ichorst's eyebrow twitches as Marius answers his question, though it's hard to tell if it's in response to the response or to the glowing light coming from his eye. He nods slowly in understanding as the state of Elysium is explained, a one sided smile curling his lip. To Marius:

"Delightfully duplicitous, doubtless the Domain's denizens display divine developments."

Then he bows again, though not quite so low as the first time, and speaks again to Amaesia.

"Your Grace. I am thrilled to hear your words are so well ingrained into your subjects. I would be delighted to reside within, I'm assuming, the castle here? Or elsewhere?
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Marius merely raises an eyebrow in reply, closing his eye and apparently returning to his meditation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

::Sigfried stands proud and tall before bowing to the guest.::

Good evening, and allow me as well, welcome thee to York. I am Baron Sigfried of Richmond. I extend to thee an invitation to visit me in Richmond Castle if thy duties leave thee with the time to travel beyond York.

I hope that thee find'th Yorkshire to thy liking.

::Another graceful bow and he steps back into line::

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Etheldred Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Amasia smiles politely. "The castle here is actually held in common by my clan. I had intended to provide accommodations within my personal domain in York itself."
Etheldred
Etheldred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:30 am

*Wolfgang Will sit and watch but stay silent*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:44 am

Ichorst nods again as the Prince explains further.

“Of course, of course. It would be unwise to hold gatherings in ones own property. Upon wishing to retire, it becomes a bother to usher everyone back to their own demesnes. I will be honored to reside wherever it is Your Grace has designated. I only ask that it have room for a library. I have brought much of my current research with me, and I would wish to continue to do so. I believe it may have some benefit for you.
Dear Baron, I would like nothing more than to call upon you at your leisure. One of the greatest impetuses is for myself to become acquainted with the residents in York, and what better way to understand the lands than by understanding they who embody those lands in the flesh. My heart, were it still beating, would be palpitating with excitement.”

He pauses, and then snaps his fingers. As if rehearsed, one of the servants steps forward, and open a chest. Inside are seven daggers of obvious excellent craftsmanship. Toreador are affected per their clan flaw. They are also obviously decorative, with jewels and such on the hilts, which would make them somewhat awkward for any real sort of combat.

“I had these requisitioned specifically to bring for the members of your Court, Your Grace. I see some may be of a less…military persuasion, and I apologize for that. Hopefully the next few parcels will appeal more.”

(ooc I’ll pause for any reactions)
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

*Wolfgang will look at the daggers for a second then return looking at the new cainite (it shows that the new cainite is more interesting then the daggers*

Back to top Go down

Post by Viscountess Evelynn Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm

*The Viscountess snaps her fan open and delicately wafts air towards herself. She smiles softly for a moment, resembling a doll made of fine china.*

My my, you certainly know how to make an entrance; please pardon me for arriving late. I am the Viscountess of Hull, Chamberlain to Baroness Sentia and great grandchilde of the Dracon.
Welcome to the Province of Yorkshire; It is truly delightful to have such esteemed guests.

*The Viscountess glides her way to the side of the Baroness opposite Marius, avoiding Wolfgang entirely.*
Viscountess Evelynn
Viscountess Evelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:32 pm

*Valencia stands from behind the Prince and gives the visitor a dazzling smile and curtsies.*
Welcome to York, my lord. I am Countessa Valenica Montalvo, childe of Ambrosio Luis Moncada, and Seneschal to her Grace. I welcome you and offer you my assistance for anything you require. Thank you for the lovely gift. I am not a fighter, however I do appreciate the finer things. I look forward to your visit and hope that we will have an opportunity to become better acquainted.
* Valencia smiles and moves back to her place behind the Prince*

CountessaValenciaMontalvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 am

Ichorst nods and bows in accordance with the stations of the Cainites introducing themselves. He smiles beatifically as his knives are praised.

“Surely the wisdom and antiquity of Avalon has and will continue to be spoken of far and wide. But the warm hospitality I fear has been under-appreciated. I shall have to make special note of how accommodating the children of Caine are in this kingdom.
Now, hopefully this next will be more to the varied tastes of the Court of Avalon.”

With that, the second servant steps forward and opens the second chest. Within are seven chalices, made of glass and further entwined with precious metals. Swirling patterns depicting various scenes from the history of Caine are etched into the vessels. Mostly the blood consumption and hedonistic parts. Again, they are crafted well enough for Toreador to be affected.

“These are crafted from sand procured from the deserts of what is now the Holy Lands, combined with the finest of metals from throughout Europe. The artistry is a testament to the wondrous state our kind enjoys, and together the entirety of it is a symbol of things from many places and peoples brought together by the Dark Gift. We pray you drink of the riches viate from them, and think on the unity of our peoples.”

((ooc pausing again))
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:31 am

::Giric will watch on quietly, enraptured::

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:59 pm

*Wolfgang Will keep looking at the New Cainite but a look of Boardom crosses his face*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Ichorst snaps his fingers once more, and the third servant comes forward, opening the third chest.

“Lastly, and thirdly, our city is one of many ports, and boasts some of the most numerous and diverse trades of the world. Your own country is an island nation, which is ideal. We would wish to encourage visits, and as such the Glätten Reise, a vessel of excellent speed and luxury will be arriving soon. It is yours, and as a symbol of this, we present this model before you.”

Inside the chest is indeed a model ship, a Balinger in design, with square sails, and a wide deck. Its wood is of a light oak and a dark golden trim. The figurehead appears to be a classical woman, with severe features in full Roman garb.

“Now then, as I see I am losing some of your less talkative citizens, I will retire to whatever chambers it is you would have me reside in. Unless there is anything further? I am sure I will find the time to entertain all interested throughout my stay.”
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:28 pm

*Valencia stands and moves forward*
I'm sure I speak for all when I thank you for these gifts. I hope that I may be of service to help create a very strong alliance between the domains. I think that it will be most beneficial to us all. I for one look forward to it.
* Valencia flashes a dazzling smile*

CountessaValenciaMontalvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:16 am

*Wolfgang Will look at the ship & lightly smile*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:24 am

*wolfgang Will walk over to Ichorst and lightly bow too both him and the Contessa*
*with a slight German Accent*
A vary lovely sea vessal? I am Wolfgang von Wallenhourst You said something about Tomes of Knowlage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am

Ichorst turns to Wolfgang, an amused expression on his face.

"So suddenly sirs succinct suppositions surrounds someone. Would words wound within written wood, wounded with winter wode wistfully wrangle won wariness? Entirely exciting encounters explicitly entail everything entire entourages encompass.

Does this meet with your approval?"
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:45 am

Much too upon much but at what cost are words written from years back as is when magic was youngFor if such a gift is Given then one must gift the giver of gifts or owe the giver of gifts greatly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down