Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Setting?

+2
NarrLiam
Thomas the Bastard
6 posters

Go down

Game Setting? Empty Game Setting?

Post by Thomas the Bastard Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:39 pm

What is the setting going to be like? How many towns are we going to be playing in? What's the local population like? Will we have any time prior to game start to establish ourselves?
Thomas the Bastard
Thomas the Bastard

Back to top Go down

Game Setting? Empty Re: Game Setting?

Post by NarrLiam Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Disclaimer, Kable is HST and can discount anything I put here.

What is the setting going to be like?

The setting is going to be a sword and succubus setting. Lots of mystical things that have gone to ground by Modern Nights roam around and go more than just bump. They go slam, or sometimes crush. The good news is that this is to be expected by most PCs, and using level 5 Celerity isn't going to end your game.

But the most important thing to remember is that this WILL NOT BE AMERICA HAPPY FUN TIME Vampire. This is the Dark Ages, where disrespect to your betters ends with you on a spit in the throne room for a decade to remind everyone else. Or parts of you.

This will be harsh. This will be powerful. This will be brutal. Have fun.

How many towns are we going to be playing in?

Not really determined at this point, suffice it to say as many as will be needed. Your actions will matter in the world at large, how much and how far will be handled as it becomes pertinent.

What's the local population like?

I believe the population at the time of the setting was about 2500. That number may be inflated to compensate for 20+ vampires living there, I'll make sure to double check.

Will we have any time prior to game start to establish ourselves?

Kable encourages you to do so, and I do as well, while website things are fully figured out feel free to use other means, and if you need an ST to witness or deliberate let us know. We're all fairly internet savvy.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Got clarification on:

What's the local population like?

I believe the population at the time of the setting was about 2500. That number may be inflated to compensate for 20+ vampires living there, I'll make sure to double check.

Scarborough itself was/is around 2500. County and surrounding areas accessible at large is closer to 20k.

So there should be plenty to feed off of. If you're not too picky.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedomer the Opined Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Is the game in York or Scarborough?

Fedomer the Opined

Back to top Go down

Post by Viscountess Evelynn Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Scarborough is in Yorkshire
Viscountess Evelynn
Viscountess Evelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 am

It is going to be primarily in Scarborough (at least during the fair to be sure), but moving about Yorkshire will be possible.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Long Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:33 pm

That sounds Fair Laughing

Peter Long

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 am

The entire county of York is in play, as well as other parts of England and surrounding Kingdoms on a case by case basis. There are a lot of books in play, and a lot of materials are being used to ensure that every player has access to whatever kind of vampire they want, within reason. Keep in mind that none of us are historians, things are not going to go just like the history books say they did, though we will attempt to keep most major things the same they may not happen as they did in the real, because some player actions may change them. From a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint time is more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff anyway.

Admin
Admin

https://buffaloavalon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:10 am

That and it's not the real world, and 500 years later some Ventrue prolly removed all the real history from every book everywhere anyhoo...

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedomer the Opined Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 pm

I prefer games that don't stick to what happened after the game starts, though taking cues from history can be fun. I just want to make sure I am up to date on what happened before game and where the game is set.

Fedomer the Opined

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum