Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire Only Boards

+2
NarrLiam
Simon Molendinarius
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vampire Only Boards Empty Vampire Only Boards

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:39 pm

I just got started on these boards but I currently only see a board for teh fairgrounds and another for my clan. Are there any private boards such as an Elysium site were vampire buisness can be discussed? I see a few discussions on the fairgrounds board, but I feel like there should be a place to discuss buisness away from prying mortal ears. Something more permanant than a fair perhaps?

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Vampire Only Boards Empty Re: Vampire Only Boards

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

There's a bunch actually. An Elder Salon, a couple private places between Kindred. There's a Court board, and the Road of Kings board. If you need a private one, let me know, and I can make what you need.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Also as of now there's no Elysium that I have been told of.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Why don't I have access to the Court board? Shouldn't that be public to everyone? At the moment I see only the fairgrounds and my clan board. I need a place I can petition the Prince for acknowldgement, for example.

If no such place exists then I will take that as an in character statement, though I feel like there should always be a board for the main kindred gathering location, especially if you want there to be board activity.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 pm

The court board is for Cainites with court positions. The Elders board is for all Elders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Ok. Makes sense that Court is for those with position. I guess if there is no Elysium so I will just RP that as the way this city is run.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09 pm

So far the Prince hasn't made any indication she has a place like that, but if and when she does I'll make one.

Don't worry, plenty of activity is active. On an IC level if you just got there, it kinda makes sense you aren't in all the circles. So yeah, what the hell, where do I go/where the hell is the Prince or the Harpy anyway?

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:11 pm

I disagree.  It does not make sense that the harpy or prince are unknown.  They are by definition known or they are not the prince.  How can one seek permission to enter a domain if the person who runs it is not available.

I have no objection to not being part of any groups.  I would not qualify for membership to any of those Salons anyway.

Shrugs.  I am also not asking you to make a board.  This is the Prince's responsibility, not the STs.

Last edited by Simon Molendinarius on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm

You disagree that you don't know where the Prince or Harpy are?

Isn't that the first question almost every PC ever asks upon joining a game?

You know who they are, you just don't know where they are.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:18 pm

I actually do not know who they are and there is no one or place to ask.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Well to be fair. You would know the more recent long term prince of the Domain is Prince John, and that all the Princes of the domain were summoned to London recently. So he is not likely in the domain.

As far as elysiums, they are only created by Mithras, who claims dominion over all of these isles. And since he purged yorkshire of pretty much everyone in the not too distant past he hasn't made any elysiums here.

The fair is a neutral ground for all kindred, so it works for now. It would be good to set up another location people can use in the future though, perhaps this will be an IC thing though.

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedomer the Opined Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

You could ask the pcs travelling around the fair. You could ask in the clan board if someone will sponsor you. You could ask the sts to make an introduction if appropriate.

Fedomer the Opined

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Knowledge that the fair was neutral ground was not made public, so I was not fully aware, though I just asked in another post. What does neutral mean? I am assuming it is not Elysium, so how does neutral differ from that?

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:26 pm

It means more or less the same thing as Elysium does. The rest of the Kindred world won't care, but start violence and you'll be put down fast.

Probably by Fedomer. It's his job.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:27 pm

It's important to note that this is not a Camarilla game. There is no overarching authority ensuring that names and reputations get around. There is no harpy, no Harpy network. The closest is the chamberlain, who serves as a pseudo-harpy on a local level.

It's a lot less common to know who to present yourself to in this time period. Most Cainites don't know what to expect when visiting an area, as they are often working based on months or years old information.

Just go to the fair and ask around, you'll find out everything you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Good to know. I am not sure if that is posted somewhere but as someone who missed the first session that was not at all clear to me.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Ah, I hadnt looked through position.  I was unaware there was no harpy equivalent.

I am not in the habit of randomly asking people if they are vampires.  I will have to figure out a bit of how to go about doing this in a way that makes sense for my character.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas the Bastard Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Just find someone who looks like an inhuman monster, and THEN ask to be introduced. Easy peasy.
Thomas the Bastard
Thomas the Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Well, I didn't mean LITERALLY ask around, lol.

The Chamberlain is a Harpy equivalent. He (she in this case) keeps track of boons and status, but (s)he doesn't really communicate with other chamberlains. There's very little chance reputation outside of Yorkshire will change based on the chamberlain's statements or opinions. Certainly not outside of England.

The position is definitely Harpy like, it's just without the overarching status and prestation system of the Camarilla, and without the authority of the Harpy network.

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Ya apologies, old habit.

"Where the hell is the Chamberlain".

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Ok. Which of you is obviously inhuman in appearance? Is there some post that lists peoples appearances? And are you not attempting to pass as human during a time of supersition and plague and witch hunts? This is a time when physical appearance was assumed to be a direct statement on your soul. I hope most people are being a little more discrete than being so open that anyone walking into town can just identify you on sight.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedomer the Opined Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:38 pm

It has been ruled that Road traits are obvious. Fedomer is very strongly on the Road of Kings.

Fedomer the Opined

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Well, aura traits are obvious. Giric strongly presents himself with a commanding Aura. (kings)

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Regardless, this is a question for you guys going forward. I don't really care all that much. I feel like in order to be an estalished government in a time with no mass communication, you would need to have regular meetings in places that people knew to go. Otherwise it seems totally possible that I could live in a town for decades without ever running into another vampire, or at least without running into someone I could safely assume was a vampire. If I was caught by someone I would just tell that that I am happy to ask for permission to live there, but had been unable to locate the Prince. That just seems like it lacks any semblance of organization and no Prince who wants to actually control a domain would allow such a system.
That being said, I have enough information to move forward now. Thanks for the information.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

This is a good point. My character, for one, is nowhere near the fair since the Jew burn-a-thon.

That said, Hood Abbey, located less than a day's travel south of the fair, has been known as a safe haven for Cainites (of the Christian variety) for over a century. Because it has been around so long, certain characters may have heard of it as a place to announce oneself.

Liam can add you to that forum if you'd like to go there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next