Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff and Warmaster

4 posters

Go down

Sheriff and Warmaster Empty Sheriff and Warmaster

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Id like a clarification.

It seems to me that the Sheriff and the warmaster are very distinct positions, but the warmaster is being played, and reinforced by ST comments into a job that seems like it is stepping on the Sheriff's toes.

So the sheriff takes care of city security and the warmaster security of the domain as a whole.

That too me reads is if the sheriff deals with the security of his city and any city that the prince is currently in or what have you. While the Warmaster deals with defense of the domain from major incursions. I mean like war sized stuff. So the comment about stepping up in neutral ground and getting put down by the warmaster that Liam made, seems to me like it should be more of the Sheriff job, since it is not a large scale incursion or anything.

If the sheriff is supposed to function in only one city, then in a game like this the position is almost pointless since we will be moving around. the wording also makes it seem like maybe there are more then one sheriff and each one is assigned to smaller area.

Meanwhile, the warmaster should only exist if the prince is big enough to raise an army, hence why the warmaster takes care of army sized problems. Massive incursion into enemy city? Warmaster. Large scale attack on Inquisition: Warmaster. Attacking a cairn: Warmaster. Someone starting a fight in neutral ground/elysium: Sherrif. Protection of the city we are in: Sheriff.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Sheriff and Warmaster Empty Re: Sheriff and Warmaster

Post by NarrLiam Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:58 pm

I said Fedomer cause at session he did a bunch of not fighting armies, but still kept some peace. Investigated some stuff. Pretty sure he organized a hunt for a beast. So I took that as Isaac interpreting his role to include stopping bad stuff until an army shows up. So he doesn't get bored.

Isaac Kable, or both feel free to clarify the hell out of my face.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedomer the Opined Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Here is how I see the roles:

Sheriff: Charged with the Prince's personal security in the Domain. Enforces the Prince's law and keeps the peace in the cities of the Domain.

Warmaster: Charged with the Prince's personal security outside the Domain. Raises and leads an army on behalf of the Prince. Keeps the Peace outside of the cities and in any area outside of the Sheriff's purview, including fighting other supernaturals.

Scarborough Fair is effectively a free port, and so, while still under the Prince's Authority, it is not under the normal laws of the Prince, and therefore falls under the Warmaster's jurisdiction. Which is not to say the sheriff wouldn't get involved or couldn't just that the Sheriff being involved would probably be less about Peacekeeping and more about public punishment, or a threat to the Prince.

Also, Scarborough region is the domain of Fedomer's faction, though they leave most of the "city" and nearby estates open for others to have residences locally for the fair.

Fedomer the Opined

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:39 pm

I didnt mean to pick on either of you specifically, just using examples from what I have seen.

I disagree that scarborough being a free port makes it not the sheriff's job, but it is your domain, and honestly that all is in character discussion. And I am fine with people over stepping boundaries and everything IC. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt mixed messages coming from st's that were encouraging people in positions to overstep boundaries.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:46 am

To clarify, the Sheriff deals with threats to the city, mostly whichever city the prince is in. He enforces the princes law, and keeps unwanted visitors out of the domain. In instances of Domain he is the will and word of the prince, he may go where he wants, when he wants and those who refuse to allow him entrance risk the ire of the prince. He is master of martial forces inside the walls of the city during peacetime.

The Warmaster leads an army for large scale conflict, while the Sheriff is dealing with solo problems, the Warmaster is dealing with larger threats, they can work together or at odds, however during wartime the sheriff is under the control of the Warmaster for instances of city defense.

The Warmaster may call to arms at any time, it does not require the order of the prince to bring an army to bear, however doing so frivolously may cause issue with the prince. Once war is called the sheriff and scourge answer to him in the matter of defense, or offense depending on the situation. The prince often asks advice of the Warmaster in matters of war, while he or she is not normally known to ask advice of the Sheriff.

The scourge is the guy who kills caitiffs, and vampires who were not allowed in the city. Depending on the prince, he may be forced to stake them rather than kill them outright, but some princes do not care as long as someone of great political importance was not harmed.

Admin
Admin

https://buffaloavalon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum