Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeding Rules

5 posters

Go down

Feeding Rules Empty Feeding Rules

Post by Simon Molendinarius Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 am

I have been told that feeding is handled through downtime actions.  1 action starts you at half blood, 2 start you at full blood.  This, in general is a fine system, it saves time at the start of game and keeps things simple.
However, there are two things I just want to mention.  The first thing is that I hope there is some accounting for the health of your domain when you hunt.  Perhaps it should take more than 2 actions to fill up in an area that doesn't have a lot of healthy mortals, or something like that.  This is just a small thing, as I know from personal experience how hard it can be to manage these things.  Still, in a dark ages game I hope to see a bit of attention paid to managing ones domain, and there should be rewards and penalties depending on how good a job you do.
The second item, and one that is of more immediate importance, is that this rule completely ignores a number of flaws, including the entire Venture clan flaw.  If 2 actions points gets you to full blood, then you might as well start with grip of the damned and three feeding restrictions because it won't effect your character.  Not to mention feeding retainers, which normally starts you with one less blood for each retainer.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Feeding Rules Empty Re: Feeding Rules

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:05 pm

It is a variation on the new system rules wich do feeding through downtime. Also all of those flaws will effect at session feeding, hunting tests, etc. There is no reason that someone like my character for instance doesn't have the ability to eat until he is full regardless of any restrictions he has on him for being ventrue.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:39 pm

It would be interesting to see these rules account for each other. I certainly feel that taking care of ones domain might make some things easier. If you have a feeding restriction based on nationality or religion, managing your domain properly may not make that a problem while feeding at home.

It is a good point that feeding your retainers should be not be ignored, and likely the easiest way to handle that is to just start with less blood and run scenes at session. Might be good to make sure everyone remembers though. Or require an additional feeding action if you want to still start at full even though you have flaws/retainers. Although this drain should be noted for those domains as well.

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas the Bastard Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:31 am

Side note: In this system, Ventrue who don't feed exclusively off Herd are doing it wrong. The clan feeding restriction is small enough that someone could easily tamper with the entirety of your supply, especially in the Dark Midieval.
Thomas the Bastard
Thomas the Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 pm

All true. I don't mean to argue a specific point. I just feel that flaws should be flaws. Even if we ignore the Venture clan flaw, there are still lots of flaws out there that would be basically free points during character creation, and I think we can all agree that is not ideal. I did not mean to focus on the Ventrue, it was only an obvious example.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 pm

I agree,we'll bring this up at next ST session to see what can be done to enforce feeding restrictions better

Admin
Admin

https://buffaloavalon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down